Helpful Consumer Bankruptcy Checklist
Use this checklist to determine if you should consult a bankruptcy attorney today. If three or more apply, it may be time to consider bankruptcy. If five or more apply, it’s not too late to take the right steps toward debt relief!
- My debt is over $5,000 not including a car or house.
- I am frequently late on payments.
- I buy necessary items like food or clothing, on credit.
- I am thinking about getting a loan to pay other loans.
- Collection agencies are calling me.
- I make payments, but my balances don’t go down.
- Payments are over one month behind on more than one bill.
- I can’t afford car insurance
- We are getting divorced and have too many bills to pay.
- There is a wage garnishment on my check.
- My car is worth much less than I owe.
- My payments are over 25 percent of my take home pay.
- I pay 20 percent interest on my debt.
- I frequently get cash advances.
- Someone has filed a lawsuit against me.
- I am “robbing Peter to pay Paul.”
- I have been turned down for more credit.
- My driver’s license is suspended because of an accident.
- My mortgage or rent is always late.
- I have high medical bills that weren’t paid by insurance.
- I owe income taxes I can’t pay now.
- I have no savings.
If none of these apply to you, congratulations! You can use other nonbankruptcy options to reduce your debt burden.
Do You Feel Over Your Head In Debt?
If more than three of these statements applied to you, contact Debra Booher & Associates in northeastern Ohio. We are one of the leading consumer bankruptcy law firms in the region. We’ve helped thousands of clients all over the state, and we are well-known for filing more than 2,000 bankruptcy cases each year.
Contact any of our six conveniently located Ohio office locations by calling 888-542-1300 or send us an email to get started.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.